I listen to a lot of podcasts. Every once in awhile I hear an episode of a show that is so good I feel compelled to share it. That happened last night when I listened to Daymond John of FUBU and Shark Tank interview Tim Ferriss on how to turn weaknesses into strengths. Daymond turned the tables on this episode of The Tim Ferriss Show and interviewed Tim about the power of being broke. How to capitalize on a lack of resources and turn that into success.
The power of being broke forces people to be scrappy, which could possibly be the best single word to describe the best entrepreneurs. Some nuggets of wisdom to absorb from this episode include:
- Using empathy to attract mentors.
- How Tim overcame 27 rejections on his first book before getting his book deal for 4 Hour Workweek.
- Making sure you don't over burden potential mentors.
- Who makes the best business partners.
- How to separate yourself from the crowd.
- Why you should be nice to EVERYONE.
- Don't be afraid to admit what you don't know.
- Importance of putting yourself close to the action.
- Always keep your sleeves rolled up.
- Maintaining your Time, Health and Nutrition.