Ever wonder why most podcasts are sponsored by Audible.com? Today we a speaking with John Federico who years ago worked at Audible and invented the podcast affiliate program. Through the years he also worked at Advance Internet, Blog Talk Radio, and more. He is now the co-founder of Event Hero which is the first integration Platform-as-a-Service for event technologies. He also hosts the EventTech Podcast is all about event technologies where John interviews EventTech company CEO’s and product managers, industry thought leaders and event organizers. If you are a new startup founder and want to better understand the world of podcasting, audio, and marketing this episode is for you.
- How an economic crash can influence you years later.
- Why the medium of audio matters.
- Recognizing when life deals you an opportunity and capitalizing on it.
- Understand the world of podcasts.
- How John created the Audible Podcast Affiliate program at Audible.com.
- Making the leap from employee to entrepreneur.
- How to re-brand your company.
- Who would win in a fight: Batman or Superman?
- The future of podcasting.
- Using content marketing such as blogging or writing a book to grow your brand.
- Winning the battle for people's time and attention.
Ambition Today Question of the Day:
What is the optimal work life balance that let's you enjoy success and make all the time and energy worthwhile?
Links from this episode:
- John Federico @GadgetBoy on Twitter
- Event Hero Powercore
- Event Tech Podcast
- Bossy Pants by Tina Fey
- Traction by Gabriel Weinberg
- The Obstacle Is The Way by Ryan Holiday
- Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff
- Eventbrite Superpowers Revealed! book by John Federico
Who should I interview next? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments. Do you enjoy this podcast? If so, please leave a short review in the comments below. It keeps me going…
Listen to this episode now:
Ambition Today Podcast Sponsors: