First Round Capital has released their 2015 State of Startups Report. They asked the question "What does it mean to be a startup entrepreneur in 2015?". The report was designed to share meaningful insights into what it's like to run a startup today. The full report is above.
The key takeaways from the First Round Capital State of Startups Report 2015 include:
- Most think it won’t get easier to raise funding.
- 73% say we're in a tech bubble.
- No one has a clue about the IPO market.
- Women-led companies are more diversity focused.
- Founders see power shifting from entrepreneurs to investors.
- Hiring the right people and revenue growth top the list of founder concerns.
- Co-founder relationships change with age.
- Bitcoin is overhyped while autonomous vehicles are underhyped.
- Founders fear long-term failure, but not the short-term mistakes that lead to it.
- Elon Musk is the far-and-away most admired leader in technology.
If you are a startup founder let me know on Twitter or in the comments below what you think some of the biggest lessons learned from running your startup in 2015 is.